Dari is a career Human Resources Professional with 30+ years of broad HR experience, extensive professional knowledge, and the ability to manage projects ranging from small to large. She is well-known for her enthusiasm, energy, and work ethic. In 2020, Dari created her own HR consulting firm and is a California subject matter expert. Dari joined NCRC in March 2021.
CAREER & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
Dari has worked for a variety of hospitality firms, including Interstate Hotels, Starwood Hotels, Marriott International for 16 years, and RAR Hospitality most recently.
She has been a course instructor for SDSU’s Global Campus HR Certificate Program since 2015, where she has taught a variety of subjects over the course of several semesters annually. She has responsibility for Talent Acquisition, Ethics, and the Capstone course as an instructor. She is routinely rated as a great instructor by her students.
Education & Professional Affiliations
- San Diego Hospitality Human Resources Association – Board of Directors and Treasurer. Active Member since 2002
- Rady Children’s Hospital – Campaign Steering Committee Member since December 2018
- SDSU Global Campus – Program Advisor, Certificate in Human Resources
- SHRM (Society Human Resources Management) – Active member since 2002
- HRCI – PHR, Professional Human Resources
- San Diego State University, Certificate in Human Resources Management
- San Diego City College, Associates in Liberal Arts, High Honors, Phi Theta Kappa
Training Experience & Specialties
- Developed and led numerous staff, supervisory, and leadership development courses throughout her time at Marriott International. She also taught a variety of company-created programs, including “Engaging Hearts & Minds” and “Leading in a Dynamic Work Environment”.
- Dari was a T.I.P.S. trainer for ten years and a certified trainer for “Crucial Conversations” (Vital Smarts) for three years.
- Interstate Hotels certified her to be a course instructor to provide “train the trainer” workshops for other HR professionals.
Hobbies & Interests
Dari enjoys volunteering and giving back in her spare time. She is a decades-long supporter of Rady Children’s Hospital. She received the Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals “Miracle Maker’s Award” in December 2018 for her support and fundraising efforts. She enjoys spending quiet time with her family and, as a longtime San Diegan, she appreciates everything the county has to offer, including hikes, the beach, Balboa Park, live music, and local events. For the past two decades, she has attended every Comic-Con with her son.
- Culture, Communication and Conflict
- Bystander Challenge
- Constructive Feedback
- High Performing Teams
- Art of Inclusive Communication
- Bias and Anti-Racism
- Leadership Coaching
- Conflict Coaching