Toni Herndon has been a trainer and mediator with NCRC for several years now and is also a contracted trainer Civility Partners working with various businesses and institutions to facilitate deeper layers of leadership development and improve interpersonal communication. She also has her own coaching practice where she aids others in developing their true authentic and expressive self within all aspects of their personal and professional life.
Additionally, Toni is an adjunct professor at Point Loma Nazarene University in both the Organization Leadership and Nursing tracts where she makes a positive and lasting difference in the world through inspiring students to recognize their own greatness and create opportunities for transformational learning. On a very random note, Toni was also a senior animal behaviorist for the San Diego Zoo for over a decade before turning her attention to human behavior. The parallels are quite fascinating!
Career & Prior Experience
- Certified DISC trainer bringing over 10 years of experience generating transformative possibilities for individuals and organizations.
- Experienced small claims court mediator, as well as highly effective in the use of conflict resolution and negotiation skill sets.
- Workshop trainer and leadership coach for Civility Partners working with organizations both nationally and internationally in several areas of enhancing interpersonal communication.
- Lead adjunct faculty for Point Loma Nazarene University specializing in coursework around effective communication, leadership development, group and organizational dynamics, as well as explorations into the impact of cultural differences within the workplace.
- A. in International Security & Conflict Resolution from SDSU, an M.A. in Nonprofit Leadership & Management from USD, and an Ed.D. in Educational Practices/Leadership from UMSL.
Education & Professional Affiliations-
- PhD in Heritage Leadership for Sustainability, Social Justice, and Participatory Culture
- MA in Nonprofit Leadership and Management from the University of San Diego
- BA in International Security and Conflict Resolution from San Diego State University
Training Experience & Specialties
- ARTful Conversation
- Art & Science of High Performance Teams
- Art of Inclusive Communication
- Art of Inclusive Communication 2.0 – Bias and Anti-Racism
- Bystander Challenge
- Client Connection
Hobbies & Interests
Some of Toni’s favorite interests include both internal and external exploration of what life has to offer. Spending time out in Nature, as well as exploring human nature, leaves her filled with a powerful sense of wonder. She also enjoys just about anything that involves food and playing outside.