Robert A. Bowen Jr.
Robert A. Bowen, Jr. first became affiliated with NCRC about 3 years ago when he joined the organization as a volunteer community mediator. Since then, he has become officially certified as a practicing mediator successfully assisting in the settlement of many disputes without the need for legal intervention.
Shortly after he began his mediation activities, he picked up the additional role as a Trainer completing dozens of training sessions for community-based organizations and businesses.
Robert’s background includes decades of experience as a Human Resources professional. He has held progressive positions of responsibility over the years with diverse types of organizations at different locations throughout the country. In addition, he is a retired Army reserve officer with nearly 30 years of service to the country.
Robert is passionate about helping audiences see the utility of improved communication to a better quality of life both personally and professionally.
CAREER & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Certified Mediator
- Certified Coach and Trainer
- Equal Opportunity Advisor
- Workshop Facilitator
- Senior Professional in Human Resources Certification
- Career Coach
- Diversity and Inclusion Certification
- Neuro Linguistic Programming Master Certification
- Master of Arts in Management and Human Relations, Webster University, St Louis, MO
- Bachelor of Arts in Urban Studies, Fordham University, Bronx, NY
TRAINING EXPERIENCE & SPECIALTIES:
- Artful Conversation
- Art of Inclusive Communication (ARTIC)
- Bias and Anti-Racism (ARTIC 2.0)
- The Exchange
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS:
- Making a difference