Shelley Barajas-Leyva, MA, is a native San Diegan who has served as a proud NCRC trainer since 2011. During this timeframe, Shelley has had the privilege of teaching conflict resolution skills and the ART of Inclusive Communication to diverse populations. She has also expanded her role as a circle dialogue facilitator, through which she empowers communities to connect with one another on a deeper level to discuss, reflect, and process experiences that can ultimately lead to transformative and restorative healing.
Career & Prior Experience
Community College Faculty Member, Educator, School Counselor, College Counselor, Personal Growth Instructor, Higher Education Administrator, TRIO Personnel & Grant Manager
Education & Professional Affiliations
- A. in Counseling, University of San Diego, School of Leadership and Education Sciences
- P.S. Credential, K-12, University of San Diego, School of Leadership and Education Sciences
- A. in Spanish with a minor in religious students, San Diego State University
Training Experience & Specialties
- Art of Inclusive Communication
- Conflict Resolution
- Exchange Process
- Educational Leadership
- Transformative and Restorative Healing Circles
- Serving special populations, including underrepresented groups in higher-education, inmates, displaced individuals, foster youth, and veterans.
Hobbies & Interests
Latin dance, singing Karaoke, traveling, new experiences with family and fur-babies