Setche is a Senior Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI), Racial Equity and Learning and Development Practitioner, building bridges that transform hearts, minds, systems, and behaviors.
She has a background in engineering and cross-functional experience in organizational development, project management, operations and purchasing, with industry experience in non-profits, pharmaceuticals, manufacturing, tech and education. Her love for problem-solving, continuous improvement, and innovation led her to acquire a BSC degree in Chemical Engineering, while her passion for people subsequently led her to acquire an MBA with a concentration in human resource management, a Certified Diversity Professional certificate by the National Diversity Council, and active involvement on various nonprofit boards and community advocacy groups.
She also leverages arts and music as needed to facilitate DEI and anti-racism conversations and learning. She worked as a DEI leader at Caterpillar Inc. and Intuit Inc., a facilitator for Nonprofit Management Solutions and columnist for the San Diego Union Tribune – writing the EDI column, Building Bridges. In addition to her work as a Senior DEI and Racial Equity Consultant, she serves as the Senior Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Manager for Social Advocates for Youth (SAY) San Diego.
For full bio, visit: https://www.setche.com/biography.
CAREER & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Senior DEI and Racial Equity Consultant
- Social Advocates for Youth (SAY) San Diego, Senior Manager, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion
- Caterpillar Inc., Diversity & Inclusion Specialist and Manufacturing Engineer
- Intuit Inc., Senior Leader, Diversity & Inclusion
- Non-profit Management Solutions, Lead Workshop Facilitator
- The San Diego Union Tribune, Contributor – Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Columnist
- Ferdman Consulting, Diversity & Inclusion Project Consultant Intern
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS:
- MBA with emphasis in Human Resources Management from Alliant International University, San Diego, CA
- BSC in Chemical Engineering from Iowa State University
- CDP – Certified Diversity Professional from the National Diversity Council
- Diversity Management Certificate from Management & Strategy Institute
- Training Design, Development & Delivery For Engagement Certificate from Training Magazine
TRAINING EXPERIENCE & SPECIALTIES:
- Art of Inclusive Communication
- Bystander Challenge
- Bias and Anti-Racism
- Conflict Management
- Community Building Circles
- Unconscious bias
- Effective Allyship
- Cross-cultural Awareness
- Various in-depth Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) and Racial Equity workshops
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS:
Hanging out with friends and family, having deep conversations, singing, dancing, performing, songwriting, traveling, learning languages, and having adventures.
Beach walks, hiking, reading, Jazzercise and time spent with family.