Saima is a community organizer leading new initiatives and developing needed programs throughout her community. She sits on several non-profit boards in the greater San Diego area, allowing her to support impactful change at both an individual and communal level.
Saima owns her practice, Moeen, focusing on conflict resolution services including workshops and mediation geared towards the Muslim Community.
As a trainer with NCRC she focuses on The ART of Inclusive Communication, Empathy and Mediation Training and The Bystander Challenge.
CAREER & PRIOR EXPERIENCE
- Conflict Resolution Specialist with RIHLA
- Conflict Management Specialist with The National Conflict Resolution Center
- Education Director
- Business owner
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS:
- Master of Science in Conflict Management and Resolution – The University of San Diego, California
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology – The University of Manitoba, Canada
- Religious Studies Classes – Ohio State University, Ohio
- CAIR (The Council on American-Islamic Relations) – Executive Board Member
- RIHLA – Board Member
- MCC (Muslim Community Center) – Board Member
TRAINING EXPERIENCE & SPECIALTIES:
Saima’s focus as a Conflict Resolution Specialist is to facilitate the process of empowerment that leads to resolutions. She also works toward building relationships between those embroiled in a conflict at both the interpersonal and organizational levels.
- The ART of Inclusive Communication
- Bias and Anti-Racism (ARTIC 2.0)
- The Bystander Challenge
- Conflict Management
- Empathy and Mediation Training
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS:
Saima has a deep and natural passion for interior design. She is a believer in the impact of space and psychology and has used that to incorporate her skill in interior design to deliver solutions that meet the needs of her clients. She enjoys traveling and learning more about new cultures and customs.