Jane Rheinheimer, Esq.
Jane has a collaborative, problem-solving approach to alternative dispute resolution, based upon many years as a successful trial attorney and counselor. Since 1990, Jane has mediated with an infectious respect for the mediation process. She brings to the table practical experience, great “people skills”, and tenacity.
Jane has decades of experience facilitating employment-related claims, with parties served coming from a number of industries including developers, construction companies, large automobile groups, contractors, retailers, manufacturers, service providers, real estate brokerages, nonprofit organizations, and individuals. Additionally, she provides state-mandated training for management personnel and general employees as well as employment counseling, policies and procedures reviews, workplace investigations, and risk management services to large and small businesses in a variety of industries.
Jane has handled litigation, arbitration and mediation of claims involving licensed professionals and individuals in professional liability claims, including California Realtors®, escrow companies, and design professionals. She also litigates and mediates claims between principals to residential and commercial real estate transactions for breach of contract, non-disclosure, construction defect and related matters.
With her diverse experience and top-of-the-line diplomacy, Jane is committed to guiding her clients to resolution.
- Full day: 10-hour minimum (includes two hours review of exhibits and briefs, pre-mediation calls with counsel, and eight hours of session time): $5,000
- ¾ day: 7.5-hour minimum (includes one and a half hours review of exhibits and briefs, pre-mediation calls with counsel, and six hours of session time): $3,750
- Half day: 5-hour minimum (includes one hour review of exhibits and briefs, pre-mediation calls with counsel and four hours of session time): $2,500
- Hourly rate for additional time: $500 in increments of .5 hour
- Non-refundable administrative fee per party: $300
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Wrongful termination/constructive termination
- Wage and hour/PAGA claims
- ADA/Unruh Act
- Pre-litigation mediation under Residential Purchase Agreement
- Breach of contract/breach of implied warranties
- Easements/property lines
- Nuisance Claims
- Residential and commercial construction defect claims
- California Realtors® – breach of statutory duty/breach of fiduciary duty/statutory claims/Fair Housing
- Escrow Companies/breach of fiduciary duty
- Commercial real estate disputes
- Directors and officers
- Design professionals
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS:
- San Diego Association of Realtors® Risk Management Committee (2018 – present)
- Adjunct Professor, Employment Law, University of San Diego Graduate School of Nonprofit Management (2005 – 2017)
- California Association of Realtors® Mediator Training (2011, certificate)
- Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Pepperdine University (2007, certificate)
- State Bar of California – 1987-present
- San Diego Bar Association – 1987-present
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, CA (1987 JD)
- Georgetown University, Washington DC (1981 BS Linguistics and French)
ACHIEVEMENTS & AWARDS:
- California Super Lawyers, Employment Litigation (2013 – present)
- San Diego Magazine’s Top Lawyers (2013 – present)
- Martindale-Hubbel AV Preeminent rating (1997 – present)
HOBBIES & INTERESTS:
Cooking, road trips/car camping, jewelry making, everything English, collecting jewelry with a past, spending time with children, grandchildren, friends, and standard poodle Nico.